Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster F14 Tomcat

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster F14 Tomcat

Old 05-22-2008, 12:15 AM
modeljet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Skymaster F14 Tomcat

HOW MUCH FOR THE F-14 KIT ,ANYONE ASK
THANKS
Old 05-22-2008, 12:30 AM
jet time
My Feedback: (75)

Raf,
Skymaster will have an F-14 ARF by the end of the year. We have 3 of them on order. No price yet, but they will be 109" L. I don't have the span #'s, but it should be nice...everything else they do is fantastic!
I'll keep everyone posted as I know more.
Lowell Wexler
R/C Jet's Direct
Skymaster/Yellow Aircraft Dealer
Old 05-22-2008, 06:19 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: ianober

Hells yes George!!! That rocks!! Is that the one Jet Mart was working on and you might have "acquired" it for personal use?

Ian,

PM sent, I don't want to hijack the thread more than I have. [:-]
Old 05-24-2008, 01:18 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Lowell,

Looking forward to the Tomcat. I've owned many, many SM jets and "fantastic" might be a bit more that what I'd say, but the airplanes work and they look nice. Thats what counts.

"Fantastic" is what I'd use for a jet that was a combo between SM, JetLegend, BVM and CARF. As I build, and fly, my own stuff, I really do enjoy the fit and INCREDIBLE attention to detail of BVM, I enjoy the finish of a SM jet, the elevator mechanism of a Jet Legend jet and the build of a CARF jet.

The most impressed I've been with any airplane has been the Hanger 9 B-25 ARF. Fit, finish, build, absolutely incredible. All for under $400.00!![X(] Now, when we see that kind of ARF in jets, we will truely be, even more blessed, than we are now![sm=thumbup.gif]

Raf
Old 05-24-2008, 03:00 PM
jet time

Raf,
Check out the Yellow F-15. Everything fit perfect and even the gear doors were hung AND plumbed!! It is truly a beautiful ARF.
Thanks,
Lowell
Old 05-24-2008, 09:03 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Lowell,

I've seen the Yellow F-15, Ehab owns it, so I know it'll never fly! Knowing Ehab, he'll have to disassemble it all and put it back together before he'll fly it. And he's not flying jets right now....[:'(]

It sure does look pretty, but I've never built, or flown, a yellow product so I can't comment. I thought long and hard about the f-18 ARF.....

Do you come out to buttonwillow or fresno?

Raf
Old 05-25-2008, 01:11 AM
jet time

Raf,
I was at the last "Willow" event. I had my F-15 there as well. It really fly's great and is a great finish and fit. I also had it at LA Jets @ the basin last week. It was hot!!! (105). Anyway, there are a couple of guys that have the new ARF F-18 that is really nice. I think Joe McBride has one as well as his old faithful.
Let me know if you need anything else...if not I will keep you informed on the F-14.
Best to you.
Lowell
RC Jets Direct
Skymaster/Yellow Aircraft Dealer
Old 05-25-2008, 06:53 AM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HI Rav,

A little off topic but...I am just finishing my first Yellow kit (F22). Seems well engineered but I did reinforce a few things (gear doors). The glass work and retracts are very nice, bypass is also superb. Charles has been excelent to deal with and the instructions were pretty good.
It has been a good experience so far.

Just my two cents...although an F14 would be AWESOME!

Dave
Old 05-25-2008, 07:07 AM
ntyhobbies

Hi Dave...............have you any contact details for the guy at Yellow Aircraft? I have e-mailed a couple of times and a post here to no avail.......I am trying to get as much information on the Yellow F-14 as I have just aquired a un-built kit.

I have recieved some stuff from another RCU member and he has been fantastic but I would also like to get some info from Yellow.

Cheers,

Nigel

p.s - Can't wait for the Skymaster F-14 - hope they price it right!
Old 05-25-2008, 02:47 PM
jet time

Nigel,
The best person to contact about the Yellow F-14 is Bob Fiorenzi. He is in Florida and has been very succesful with this plane. I can't wait for the SM F-14 either! We now have 4 on order!
Lowell Wexler
RC Jets Direct
Skymaster/ Yellow Aircraft Dealer
Old 05-25-2008, 03:27 PM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HI Nigel,
I have just called Charles at YellowAircraft.com.
Best of luck,
Dave
Old 05-25-2008, 08:03 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

ORIGINAL: ntyhobbies

Hi Dave...............have you any contact details for the guy at Yellow Aircraft? I have e-mailed a couple of times and a post here to no avail.......I am trying to get as much information on the Yellow F-14 as I have just aquired a un-built kit.

I have recieved some stuff from another RCU member and he has been fantastic but I would also like to get some info from Yellow.

Cheers,

Nigel

p.s - Can't wait for the Skymaster F-14 - hope they price it right!
Hi Nigel:
I just found this, give it a try I hope you see it in time

Dave

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yellow-Aircraft-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 09-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Brit-In-Taiwan

Anyone have any updates on the Skymaster F-14 or any of their other projects in the pipeline?

Would love to know anything new on this and the F-86 (large) and A4 they seem to have been on the 'test' stage for a long long time now.

Keep um flying lads.

Will
Old 09-15-2008, 06:39 AM
Dave Burns

Hi Will,
We have been doing the flight testing of the big SM A4 here in Sydney, Australia. First tests were done with a f/glass fuse and built up wings. It was basically a 'see if it flies' scenario, with everything installed without instructions to check flight parameters, throws, balances etc.
It was NOT scale, and was purely functional testing only.

Second tests were done with a set of composite wings, lighter of course, but still not scale - still had barn dorn ailerons (not couterbalanced) and simple flaps (not split flap/spoiler combo as per full size).

Both test phases, with the two types of wings were just right - the big A4 looks and feels the part in the air, and it has a definate 'groove' when flying.

We expect to have the full composite, full scale wings within the next week to retrofit to the original fuse for final testing - although I think preparations for the JetPower event in Germany is taking up all S/M's time and manpower.

We will keep you informed of progress if you want.
Regards
Dave Burns
Skymaster Premier Dealer, Australia
Old 09-15-2008, 07:00 AM
WhoDaMan

Hi Dave:
Thank you for the update. For a while I thought the planet went flat. Yes we love the updates please keep them coming

Dave
Old 09-15-2008, 08:22 AM
Brit-In-Taiwan

Dave, your a gent, thanks for the update, sounds like she still has some work to be done to her but getting there, I am sure I am not the only one waiting for this bird.

Keep up the good work mate!!

Will
Old 10-03-2008, 11:03 AM
rhallgarth

I actually stood next to Tom Cruise on the hanger deck of the USS Carl Vinson and you could be right.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:10 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

It's been almost a year (just over 10.5 months now) since this thread was started...
Is there any F14 updates? It's an awesome jet, I'd love to build one, but I hope this isn't another situation like the Yellow Aircraft F14 where we'll hear that it's almost ready for 8 years and never see it
Old 10-03-2008, 11:20 AM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

I don't think it is going to be anywhere that bad but I am sure we will see something (white gel coat kit) by the end of this year.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:04 PM
WhoDaMan

Oh Were Oh WERE HAS MY LITTLE TOMCAT GONE,,,,,,,,, Oh were oh were has she gone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, is yellow building this one ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,JUST KIDDING[X(]
Old 11-08-2008, 01:18 PM
vega406
My Feedback: (73)

just saw the thread on the f 14 i have Tony in el paso put me on the list for one and have it built by him rightaway..he told me Skymaster is working on some very Scale retracts for it and they should be done designing it by end of year but still no price until that is done..and best guess on wing span to be about 101 inch or so and figures 40 pounds but don,t hold me to that...i am not playing with this i will have it geared up right...if you want to know what my game plan is then answer back i wouldn,t mind feedback on this
Old 07-29-2009, 07:43 AM
Stylmast

Hi guy's can any body tell me what is going on with the Skymaster F14
Old 07-29-2009, 10:09 AM
vega406
My Feedback: (73)

Skymaster teamed up with BVM and decided to wait on the F-14 and are probably going to ask to much for it when it comes out..i think end of year...Flyeagle has an awesome f-14 out i bought one...Go to Flyeagle.com and you well see video of Lowel Wexler who got the Black Bunny and i have the 2nd one as The Bounty Hunter..you can see it and detailed picture on my builders web site Jetaces8.com there is a waiting list for them now..we should have them ready in a couple of weeks for flying with video..Lowel will probably be First on Rcuniverse he is called Jet Time
Old 07-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Stylmast

Thank you very much for your link.. great looking aircraft.. will be chasing you up for some more infoin the near furture..
Old 07-30-2009, 12:00 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 223 Likes on 114 Posts

At the rate SM and YA is going, i'll have mine done before them.. haha just kidding.. maybe?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.