Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 07:57 AM
Afterburners

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Tip22v
I like your idea on checking amperage to determine the optimal flap setting, did you make an in-line servo cable adapter to connect your ammeter? I see you are using a number of Powerbox setups, I too use a number of them. I tried to set one of my T1 minis up with MKS HV747 servos and a Powerbox Mercury SRS and the servos were so noisy that I was afraid to fly it. After some research I found that, evidently, MKS servos (at least the HV747) are especially noisy when connected to a PB Mercury due to how the PB Mercury regulates the power? When I changed out the PB Mercury for a Jeti CB200 the MKS servos were almost silent. I have another T1 mini that has a PB Mercury with Savox servos and they are reasonably quiet (unlike the HV747 servos connected to the PB). -Tom
As for your current question, this makes it easy. Of course making your own to hook up to your meter will save you $40.

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...RoCKbQQAvD_BwE
Old 08-06-2019, 08:43 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

MKS servo in general tend to be noisy...at least on the ground

I used a gizmo forgot the name....to check amps on all install
Old 08-06-2019, 11:15 AM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Thanks for the link, I think I’ll just order this from Tower and save myself the time making my own.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:27 AM
dribar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my new MKS HV747 servos installed last night on the flaps. First time my airplane has been quiet while turned on. They were a drop in replacement with the same hardware and linkage.

Just one passing thought - I’m very impressed with the workmanship of this PNP version. Everything had locktite, wiring looked great under the panel... just a great job right from the factory.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:31 AM
T3chDad

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Embarrassing... I didn't realize how slow I was going on a landing the other day and I ran out of lift. It plopped down on the runway from about 4-5 feet. I guess I'm going to cut out the bottom, fix the crack and then glass the bottom closed. I don't think any internals are damaged...just the skin. I really want to try and get it fixed for National Model Aviation Day next weekend.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:40 AM
dribar

Originally Posted by T3chDad
Embarrassing... I didn't realize how slow I was going on a landing the other day and I ran out of lift. It plopped down on the runway from about 4-5 feet. I guess I'm going to cut out the bottom, fix the crack and then glass the bottom closed. I don't think any internals are damaged...just the skin. I really want to try and get it fixed for National Model Aviation Day next weekend.
Dude! So sorry about that. Is it just the wing?

My buddy stuffed his bandit into the runway (going too slow.) The nose was crunched beyond repair. Two weeks later it looks better than new.

See you in the air man!!
Old 08-10-2019, 04:58 AM
T3chDad

I jumped into repairs yesterday afternoon and consider myself quite lucky...I can access everything from the already-cut-out landing gear well and the servo area so I don't have to be cutting and re-glassing. There is no damage to the internal structure, just the skin and where it pulled away from the ribs to crack. I won't have any problems getting it ready to fly by the end of the weekend. Approaching 200 flights on her, so she's bound to show a little wear...right?

Originally Posted by dribar
Dude! So sorry about that. Is it just the wing?

My buddy stuffed his bandit into the runway (going too slow.) The nose was crunched beyond repair. Two weeks later it looks better than new.

See you in the air man!!
Yes. The left wing. Do to my lack of this kind of painting skills, she won't look better than new, but will be ready for more abuse.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:43 AM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Got a new red scheme in the box brand new unopened. T-1 large. Wingbag, wiring kit and top of the line Savoc servos. No need to wait 6-8 and no tariff up charge.

Last edited by ledd4u; 08-12-2019 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-17-2019, 03:04 PM
T3chDad

I do nothing half-way!!!

Totally my fault! Too hard of a bank and yank without enough speed. Simply too low.
Old 08-17-2019, 03:41 PM
dribar

I do nothing half-way!!!
Totally my fault! Too hard of a bank and yank without enough speed. Simply too low.
I...am....speechless.....
Old 08-17-2019, 07:42 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

I do nothing half-way!!!

Man! Sorry to see that!!
Old 08-18-2019, 05:50 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Regarding the crack in the wing: This is not the first mini I have seen with that specific crack. IMHO, the main gear mounts are not sufficient. The gear comes loose and the gear's motor housing/mount punches up into the wing. On one that had the problem here, it had wood screws for the gear. The shanks on the screws had no threads for ~ 1/4". The mounting material was only ~1/4" and there were no threads in the material. I am used to a lot more hardwood for the mounts and use blind nuts. Problem is the wheel wells make it difficult to add wood or blind nuts. Also, unless the CG is right on the button, the first flights tend to be a bit unstable. Three snaps on the maiden is a bit unsettling. This is definitely not a plane for a first time jet guy.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:38 AM
tucson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Len Todd
Regarding the crack in the wing: This is not the first mini I have seen with that specific crack. IMHO, the main gear mounts are not sufficient. The gear comes loose and the gear's motor housing/mount punches up into the wing. On one that had the problem here, it had wood screws for the gear. The shanks on the screws had no threads for ~ 1/4". The mounting material was only ~1/4" and there were no threads in the material. I am used to a lot more hardwood for the mounts and use blind nuts. Problem is the wheel wells make it difficult to add wood or blind nuts. Also, unless the CG is right on the button, the first flights tend to be a bit unstable. Three snaps on the maiden is a bit unsettling. This is definitely not a plane for a first time jet guy.
I have been flying mine for quite a while, and have had a few unwanted snaps in the early trimming days.
what I found on mine is if you have the cg back to far it will snap in certain conditions.
I wound up with the cg in the 200-203 range and that eliminated the snapping tendency. in my opinion the plane grooves well and lands like a *****cat at that cg setting.
Stan
Old 08-18-2019, 09:25 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Plane owner came 3 hours to our field to get some stick time toward a waiver. Plane owner indicated to us that the plane was flown before he came to our field and it flew O.K.. We spent several hours going over the plane in great detail. When we got down to asking about the CG, the owner felt the CG and control surface throws were O.K.. I still set the throws to about 50% of what he had and flew it. On the first flight, it snapped 3 times. After the third recovery, I landed on the maiden. I went home and got the CG stand. The CG was at ~225 mm back. The owner moved around some weight to set it at 210, per what he was apparently told. I flew it again. It was still somewhat unstable in the turns. After having him fly it around on the B-Box a couple times, it was time to land. To avoid a stall, I came in a little faster than I normally would. I held it until it settled. As soon as the mains touched, one came out and the other went up into the wing. That is when we took a good look at the gear mounts and screws, etc.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:37 PM
Tip22v

I’ve experienced the snapping as well, which is why I’ve recommended to new folks to start with the CG farther forward and slowly move it aft. Also, if you have the cg towards the rear of the range you may want to reduce the throws on the elevator while at higher speed.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:33 PM
Tip22v

I finally got some speed runs in on my T1 mini this weekend. Top speed (level flight) was 184.1 mph! Turns out the reason I could not get the speed up past 150ish was because I dwas not staying at full throttle long enough for the jet to fully accelerate, I was shocked at how much faster it flew
Old 08-19-2019, 03:55 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

I do 154mph on pretty much all flight, level speed and I don’t stay full throttle the whole way around....will do that next time.....long full throttle run, but I’m pretty sure it won’t go much faster...

From PB GPSII....light winds.
Old 08-19-2019, 03:57 AM
dribar

I finally got some speed runs in on my T1 mini this weekend. Top speed (level flight) was 184.1 mph! Turns out the reason I could not get the speed up past 150ish was because I dwas not staying at full throttle long enough for the jet to fully accelerate, I was shocked at how much faster it flew
Nice!!!!
Old 08-19-2019, 03:59 AM
dribar

I think my GPS is also lagging a bit... which requires an even longer run. Good job on the speed guys!
Old 08-19-2019, 04:29 AM
Afterburners

Originally Posted by Len Todd
Have many of you guys seen this problem with yours? Asking because I have one on order and want to know if it's something that needs addressing while assembling the plane. Would rather put extra time in as to maybe prevent putting a hole in the wing(s).
Old 08-19-2019, 04:38 AM
dribar

I have two stress cracks in the top of my right wing. They haven't broken thru, but I can see them. I'm sure it was a hard landing, but I can't get to them to reinforce due to the wing well.
Old 08-19-2019, 07:41 AM
T3chDad

I’ve experienced the snapping as well, which is why I’ve recommended to new folks to start with the CG farther forward and slowly move it aft. Also, if you have the cg towards the rear of the range you may want to reduce the throws on the elevator while at higher speed.
I like a more neutral/aft CG. I've had it snap once (now twice) unintentional. I've made it snap a bunch to practice recovery. Since this was my first turbine, I did exactly what you suggest. I started with a way nose heavy (factory) CG and slowly moved it aft over many flights. I knew the snap/tip stall potential was there...it was a chance I took.
That's great Dan! Way to go!

Originally Posted by Afterburners
Have many of you guys seen this problem with yours? Asking because I have one on order and want to know if it's something that needs addressing while assembling the plane. Would rather put extra time in as to maybe prevent putting a hole in the wing(s).
It's not a problem IMO. This was my first big/expensive aircraft and it was part of the learning curve for me. I abused the crap out of this thing. I do not believe that the cracks would appear from normal typical landings. To put it another way....I'm on Pacific RC Jets website shopping for a new one right now!
Old 08-19-2019, 09:00 AM
Tip22v

I like a more neutral/aft CG. I've had it snap once (now twice) unintentional. I've made it snap a bunch to practice recovery. Since this was my first turbine, I did exactly what you suggest. I started with a way nose heavy (factory) CG and slowly moved it aft over many flights. I knew the snap/tip stall potential was there...it was a chance I took.
That's great Dan! Way to go!

It's not a problem IMO. This was my first big/expensive aircraft and it was part of the learning curve for me. I abused the crap out of this thing. I do not believe that the cracks would appear from normal typical landings. To put it another way....I'm on Pacific RC Jets website shopping for a new one right now!
I agree, I don't there is a problem with the design, I've owned three T1 minis (still have two of them) and the only time I cracked the wing was hitting the lip on the approach end of our asphalt runway, which was well beyond what the wing should be expected to handle. -Tom
Old 08-19-2019, 09:13 AM
dribar

I agree, I don't there is a problem with the design, I've owned three T1 minis (still have two of them) and the only time I cracked the wing was hitting the lip on the approach end of our asphalt runway, which was well beyond what the wing should be expected to handle. -Tom
Totally agree
Old 08-19-2019, 04:58 PM
Afterburners

Thanks for the input guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.