Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-24

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-24

Old 07-30-2019, 03:03 PM
Jeremy300
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Craig,

You will find the LUA app manager in the Transmitter Wizard.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:36 PM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CraigG
ZB,
So these apps are available to us who own Jeti transmitters? Can you explain how it works to locate, install and use apps such as in your examples? I have Jeti Studio on my computer but don't see any options or menus regarding LUA apps.

Thanks,
Craig
I would tecommend visiting Tero’s site for all things Lua
https://www.rc-thoughts.com/#
Check out the Lua tab
Old 07-31-2019, 03:06 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc

I would tecommend visiting Tero’s site for all things Lua
https://www.rc-thoughts.com/#
Check out the Lua tab
Just what I needed. Within this website is an in-depth explanation/guide to the exact questions I asked:https://www.rc-thoughts.com/2016/08/...by-step-guide/
Thanks to both responders!
Craig
Old 07-31-2019, 05:23 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CraigG
Just what I needed. Within this website is an in-depth explanation/guide to the exact questions I asked:https://www.rc-thoughts.com/2016/08/...by-step-guide/
Thanks to both responders!
Craig
TERO is the man
Old 08-07-2019, 12:23 PM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Jeti Programming Guide: Comprehensive Trainer Airplane

This is a comprehensive instructional video for how to program a typical trainer model. This setup includes aileron, elevator, rudder, flaps and throttle with mixes for elevator compensation and butterfly. We have also included brief instructions for a timer, voice output, and displayed telemetry.

0:44 New Model Setup
1:48 Basic Properties
4:16 Dual Rates/Expo
5:59 Butterfly (Crows)
8:19 Free Mixes (Flap to Elevator)
10:35 Throttle Cut
12:16 Sounds (Voice Announcements)
14:14 Timers
15:45 Telemetry

Last edited by ZB; 08-07-2019 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:26 AM
marksp
My Feedback: (9)

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Default “Butterfly”/Flap function 5:59

Originally Posted by ZB

Jeti Programming Guide: Comprehensive Trainer Airplane

This is a comprehensive instructional video for how to program a typical trainer model. This setup includes aileron, elevator, rudder, flaps and throttle with mixes for elevator compensation and butterfly. We have also included brief instructions for a timer, voice output, and displayed telemetry.

5:59 Butterfly (Crows)
8:19 Free Mixes (Flap to Elevator)
Given the Butterfly/Flap function includes ability to define elevator compensation, curious about decision to instead set up elevator compensation as a Free Mix? I understand that there are multiple ways to accomplish, just wondering if there is any particular reason for adding these additional steps other than showing the Free Mix function?

Cheers
Old 08-10-2019, 11:47 AM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by marksp

Given the Butterfly/Flap function includes ability to define elevator compensation, curious about decision to instead set up elevator compensation as a Free Mix? I understand that there are multiple ways to accomplish, just wondering if there is any particular reason for adding these additional steps other than showing the Free Mix function?

Cheers
With Jeti there are several ways to skin a cat, a down mix will work also of course. For our jets we often use the crow function (flaps down, elevator compensation and ailerons up). Also very handy in the tuning function in the butterfly menu with lets you set a knob or slider to adjust the elevator compensation for a model you have not test flown yet. The butterfly menu lets you set all these mixes in one place.

Thomas
Old 08-10-2019, 07:54 PM
marksp
My Feedback: (9)

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelevel
...The butterfly menu lets you set all these mixes in one place.

Thomas
Essentially that is why I asked the question. Why did he choose to bypass elevator compensation in the butterfly menu to instead set up a separate free mix? Any particular reason? Just wondering if I’m missing something???

Cheers
Old 08-11-2019, 07:09 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Essentially that is why I asked the question. Why did he choose to bypass elevator compensation in the butterfly menu to instead set up a separate free mix? Any particular reason? Just wondering if I’m missing something???

Cheers
It's a demo video...
Old 08-12-2019, 07:03 AM
ZB

Cheers
We are making simplified videos for Jeti programming, with high demand for support of the DS-12 we have to build few templates.
Otherwise we would be completely overwhelmed with trivial questions.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 08-20-2019, 05:50 AM
ZB

Good device for anybody even if you do not have Jeti Radio. Also great substitution for old watt meters.
Use it with small/large EDFs.

The JetiBox features a readout screen for monitoring live telemetry from your Elite, Spin Pro, and Mezon electronic speed controllers (ESCs) during bench testing and setup, as well as viewing stored data after a flight. Also allows you to custom program ESCs, as well as Jeti Duplex Sensors.

When used by itself, the JetiBox is also a powerful testing tool, measuring receiver channel output pulse widths, servo transfer speed, either unloaded or in actual use in the aircraft.

The JetiBox is also a servo pulse generator (Servo Tester), allowing you to center your servos without receiver and transmitter, as well as cycling your servos from 10 to 990 cycles.

Last edited by ZB; 08-20-2019 at 05:56 AM.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:03 AM
ZB

Somebody is doing to be very happy, brand new custom Jeti DC-24
Dark metallic Blue paint is really, really nice.

Zb/Jeti USA

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1082-1024x680.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	2265114
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1069-1024x806.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	2265115
Old 08-25-2019, 03:43 AM
skymaster68
My Feedback: (4)

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Help!! 😭😭😭

I’m setting up a Skygate Hawk wish had a PB cockpit and Futaba radio...
Well changed to Jeti last year and this plane was waiting for the change...
i removed the pb and installed a CB400 I have everything working good but I have something strange going on with the gear doors...
if I turn my TX ON and plane ON from cero the doors will close, if I turn the plane off and( tx on) open the doors with my hand and then turn the plane ON they will remain opened and gear/door cycling is perfect, but if I turn off plane and Tx and then back on they will always close 😭
i use jettronics valves, i programed them in the tx sequencer program and also with a mix both options I get the same result no matter what they will close when Tx and plane and power up from cero.
any ideas of what might be happening or what I could be doing wrong? Please help I’ve been two days now trying to solve this 😭😭😭😭
Failsafe has not been program so is not that either....

Last edited by skymaster68; 08-25-2019 at 04:31 AM.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:10 AM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

What CB400 channel do you have the gear doors plugged into? Is it channel 17 or higher?

I frequently see a power-on transient on my drag chute deploy function which is plugged into one of the higher channels (>16).

When I first saw this (a few years ago on my DS-16, same on DS-24) I did some research and e-mailed Jeti, with no response. It appears that the higher channels, above 16, have a small power-on transient (I think they go to zero), before moving to their commanded position.

It doesn't always seem to happen, and I've not noticed a pattern to it, but if I don't think about it I will more often than not inadvertently deploy my chute when I power on the model.

Paul
Old 08-25-2019, 06:18 AM
skymaster68

Hi!! It’s actually plugged to ch 14th...

QUOTE=JSF-TC;12545878]What CB400 channel do you have the gear doors plugged into? Is it channel 17 or higher?

I frequently see a power-on transient on my drag chute deploy function which is plugged into one of the higher channels (>16).

When I first saw this (a few years ago on my DS-16, same on DS-24) I did some research and e-mailed Jeti, with no response. It appears that the higher channels, above 16, have a small power-on transient (I think they go to zero), before moving to their commanded position.

It doesn't always seem to happen, and I've not noticed a pattern to it, but if I don't think about it I will more often than not inadvertently deploy my chute when I power on the model.

Paul[/QUOTE]
Old 08-25-2019, 12:41 PM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by skymaster68

I’m setting up a Skygate Hawk wish had a PB cockpit and Futaba radio...
Well changed to Jeti last year and this plane was waiting for the change...
i removed the pb and installed a CB400 I have everything working good but I have something strange going on with the gear doors...
if I turn my TX ON and plane ON from cero the doors will close, if I turn the plane off and( tx on) open the doors with my hand and then turn the plane ON they will remain opened and gear/door cycling is perfect, but if I turn off plane and Tx and then back on they will always close ��
i use jettronics valves, i programed them in the tx sequencer program and also with a mix both options I get the same result no matter what they will close when Tx and plane and power up from cero.
any ideas of what might be happening or what I could be doing wrong? Please help I’ve been two days now trying to solve this ��������
Failsafe has not been program so is not that either....
What you are experiencing is very common with JetTronic valves. Whenever you switch on the radio it takes a few milliseconds for the receivers to bind and power up. During this undetermined stage there is no valid signal and the JetTronic valves will activate the LEFT OUTPUT. If that is your "gear up" or "doors close" line you will have a problem! You need to swap air lines and connect the gear down and the doors open lines to the left port! Swapping air lines means that you'll have to reverse the gear switch / channel to get everything working again.

Thomas

Last edited by bluelevel; 08-25-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:56 PM
rbgetz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Has anyone had issues using a xicoy electronic valve? Im using the xicoy V2s valve for my nose gear door and I can hear it leaking air after I cycle the gear once. drops down to about 40 psi and Stops. I never fill more then 100 psi prior to flight. I'm using the sequencer and set xicoy up for -100% for up and +100 % for down in sequencer. Door stays open when nose gear is down. Can't figure why it's leaking. I put a new xicoy in and it does the same thing. I have another for the main gear doors and works fine. Just sequences different on the main doors since they open then close after the gear is down. rob
Old 08-25-2019, 07:00 PM
nick0231

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had one do that i changed the value to 100% and -100 then went thru the learning process of the valve and it worked then.

Last edited by nick0231; 08-25-2019 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:48 AM
skymaster68

Originally Posted by bluelevel
What you are experiencing is very common with JetTronic valves. Whenever you switch on the radio it takes a few milliseconds for the receivers to bind and power up. During this undetermined stage there is no valid signal and the JetTronic valves will activate the LEFT OUTPUT. If that is your "gear up" or "doors close" line you will have a problem! You need to swap air lines and connect the gear down and the doors open lines to the left port! Swapping air lines means that you'll have to reverse the gear switch / channel to get everything working again.

Thomas
Thxs for the imput Thomas, I'll try that today, I hope it works!!!
Old 08-26-2019, 06:01 AM
rbgetz

thanks Nicko231. I'll give it a try.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:54 PM
skymaster68

Originally Posted by skymaster68
Thxs for the imput Thomas, I'll try that today, I hope it works!!!
Hi Thomas, I did what you told me and problem solved, thxs a lot for the tip!!
Old 08-31-2019, 06:24 AM
rbgetz

Looking to add the MBar to one of my planes. Does anyone know if you can have it read out psi or kpa? The manual said it can read both, but any video I see it only shows kPa.. no big deal to convert to get triggers. but my mind thinks more in psi...
Old 08-31-2019, 06:29 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by rbgetz
Looking to add the MBar to one of my planes. Does anyone know if you can have it read out psi or kpa? The manual said it can read both, but any video I see it only shows kPa.. no big deal to convert to get triggers. but my mind thinks more in psi...
it does display eaither kpa or psi
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

You can display in the Tx in either, but the alarms need to be setup in kPa.
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

it does display eaither kpa or psi

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.