Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Fuel mix calculator

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 03:40 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fuel mix calculator

I would imagine many get frustrated trying to figure out the percentage of oil, nitro and methanol to mix glow fuels.

Similarly gor petrol/gas fuel how much oil at a given ratio.

I was bored at work yesterday so did a simple little calculator in excel. I can email if anyone is insterested.

the maths are very simple, it is just division and some basic subtraction. Might save people from pulling out a calcultor and pulling their hair out.

It only does metric, sorry no ounces, cups, gallons et al.

cheers
P
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fuel calc v2.jpg
Views:	7934
Size:	291.0 KB
ID:	2085242  
Old 05-12-2015, 09:21 AM
flybyjohn
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as all the units are in ml, you should also be able to use it for fl oz. Just pretend the ml actually say fl oz and the percentages should still all come out correct. I did not get a good look at the calculator but It looks like all the units are the same, correct? I did a similar calculator but mine is all in oz. and I have a few different calculators that will take an initial fuel and you can add components to it and see what you get in the end or actually tell it what you want in the end and get the correct ingredients to add to existing fuel to get the right ratios.

I eventually added ml unit conversion on to mine because when making small quantities of small percentages, an oz. is just a little too course to accurately measure.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:36 AM
cowboy69

Default Concentration-Volume Calculator

Hi, I recently ran into the need to calculate fuel mixes. I can e-mail an Excel file in which you can enter the Quantity, % Nitro, and % Oil of the fuels (Components) you may have on hand and play with those numbers (the quantities of each) until the result you want is displayed on the right side as "Mixture".

There are two (2) sheets. The second sheet, labeled "COMPLEX" (not shown), goes even further and allows you to mix up to thirteen "component" fuels to get a final result. The results, however, are "sub-totaled" along the right side and that Mixture is automatically utilized as one of the components in the next iteration.

I usually only use the sheet labeled "SIMPLE".

As long as the units of measure you're using (i.e., cups, ounces, gallons, milliliters, etc.) are the same, then the resultant ratio is along the bottom and what you end up with is along the right side.

Hope someone can use this.

Adios.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:14 PM
Donairplane
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try this calculator works great http://www.nitrorc.com/fuelws/allmix.asp
Don
Old 05-13-2019, 08:51 PM
chris1966

Default fuel mix calculatorca

Hi Peter can i get a copy emailed to me thanks
Old 08-18-2019, 01:09 PM
The Ghost

Hi Peter can i get a copy emailed to me thanks
Old 08-19-2019, 07:46 AM
fredvon4

if you look at the top OP from 2015 ---you will note his screen name and the word banned