Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Valley View RC Brand Engines

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 07:26 PM
rcguy59
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Valley View RC Brand Engines

Sorry for the confusion about the cylinders.The engine that I have that has straight plugs was made for CM-6 plugs. It has since received 1/4-32 adaptors and plugs, along with an ignition module with the appropriate plug-boots. The cylinders are indeed interchangeable left to right. As Karolh mentioned earlier, putting a jug from the twin onto the single would mean replacing the plug-boot with the correct size for the new plug. replacing a plug-boot is an added hassle, but not difficult.

On a different note, I flew the twin again today. It was at that point in the break-in process where it needed re-tuning. After a couple of flights, I tached it and saw 8480 rpm with the APC 16-14 prop. The RV-4 was really haulin' the mail ! I was able to get the idle down to the point where the airplane didn't float forever on landing and it should go down even further. I'll try it tomorrow when I take it back out. Once I'm happy with the idle, I'll tach it and post it here.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:42 PM
BubbasanJohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for Valley View Customer service.  -1 for Tower.... Blech.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:42 PM
rcguy59

OK guys, finally some photos. The overall width is about 7 3/4 in. A few of the twins arrived at ValleyView, though they are not yet on the website as of this moment. Anyone wishing to pounce on one of these quickly would do well to call ValleyView direct and inquire.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70511.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	1867593   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok29053.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	1867594  
Old 03-28-2013, 04:30 PM
WindGap
My Feedback: (3)

Sweet! [8D] I like it. It will fit inside my 71 slick (8" cowl), and 78" extra.

Now, how bout weight?
Old 03-28-2013, 04:35 PM
rcguy59

2 pounds, 8 1/2 oz. according to my Berkley electronic fish-scale. YMMV
Old 03-31-2013, 07:14 AM
sthill

Good morning and Happy Easter! Can anyone tell me if the VVRC 20 is a "bolt in replacement" for the DLE 20? My DLE 20's midrange is pretty horrible and I was hoping to get something that was a bit smoother and more reliable. I can use my DLE20 muffler, which is nice, but I'm not sure if I will have to replace the motor mounts, throttle linkage, etc.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:42 AM
rcguy59

It's the same bolt-pattern as the DLE 20 and the OS 120AX. The VVRC and DLE engines share the same muffler pattern, as well.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:10 PM
Whistling Death

That is going to be a popular engine. I can see that easily fitting into and being a perfect match for my RV-8.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:38 PM
rcguy59

You have the Slipstream RV-8?
Old 04-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Whistling Death

Yes, haven't had a chance to maiden it yet, weather has been crappy. Got a DLE 30 in it but I might consider a VV 40 twin later.
Seems like VV's discount codes don't work any more, bummer........
Old 04-01-2013, 05:14 PM
rcguy59

I too had one of those RV-8's with a DLE 30. Real floater. For ValleyView, try VV400RC for $40.00 off of $400.00 or more. The discount applies to the VVRC 40 twin, too. Here's my RV-8 next to my first RV-4, also DLE 30 powered.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19194.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	1869257  
Old 04-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Whistling Death

None of the discount codes work for me. April Fool's? Never had any trouble with it till today. I just received a RCEXL kill switch from them today with the usual discount code flier but they don't work. Tower's discount code is calling me.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:33 PM
rcguy59

Do the order over the phone. Tammy will fix you right up. And no April fool's, either, that discount code is real.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Whistling Death

I know they are real, I have used them before. Was just strange that they stopped working today of all days. Yeah I gotta talk to Tammy anyway.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:32 PM
bcchi

ORIGINAL: sthill

Good morning and Happy Easter! Can anyone tell me if the VVRC 20 is a ''bolt in replacement'' for the DLE 20? My DLE 20's midrange is pretty horrible and I was hoping to get something that was a bit smoother and more reliable. I can use my DLE20 muffler, which is nice, but I'm not sure if I will have to replace the motor mounts, throttle linkage, etc.

Yes,same bolt pattern as DL-20.I got several more flights on the VV -20 oer the week end.Nice-Nice little engine.I was useing the VV-17x6and 17x8 Props. will try the Xaor next and few other different props. Even a Master Air Screw.I used the DL 20 muffler on the VV 20.
The VV props seem to pull good.I will compare later. Did not even tack the little 20 . Do not no iiiiiiif it will turn with the DL or not,will find out later.It comes with a real NGK-CM 6 spark plug,a Walbro carb. Areal Walbro.Plus it hasthe new RCEXL Ign that has a real timing curve
not just a jump up about 20 degrees and then a sudden timing drop when you throttle down.Like the # 4.Ignition.I am going to run the snot out of this engine.over turn it a little and see I can hurt the rod bearings and crankshaft. But I have had no crank or bearing problem on my DLEs.
20,30.35.50&55RA. I believe it is smother then the DLE running a VV carbon F spinner.I do not want to hear anything about MAS and Zinger props and stiring paint. That statement is getting a little old LOL.
BCCHI AMA 2500. Of course I went flying after Church on Easter Sun.Weather beautiful here no rain or snow or Wind About 60 degrees F.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:52 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: bcchi

Good morning and Happy Easter! Can anyone tell me if the VVRC 20 is a ''bolt in replacement'' for the DLE 20? My DLE 20's midrange is pretty horrible and I was hoping to get something that was a bit smoother and more reliable. I can use my DLE20 muffler, which is nice, but I'm not sure if I will have to replace the motor mounts, throttle linkage, etc.

Yes,same bolt pattern as DL-20.I got several more flights on the VV -20 oer the week end.Nice-Nice little engine.I was useing the VV-17x6and 17x8 Props. will try the Xaor next and few other different props. Even a Master Air Screw.I used the DL 20 muffler on the VV 20.
The VV props seem to pull good.I will compare later. Did not even tack the little 20 . Do not no iiiiiiif it will turn with the DL or not,will find out later.It comes with a real NGK-CM 6 spark plug,a Walbro carb. Areal Walbro.Plus it hasthe new RCEXL Ign that has a real timing curve
not just a jump up about 20 degrees and then a sudden timing drop when you throttle down.Like the # 4.Ignition.I am going to run the snot out of this engine.over turn it a little and see I can hurt the rod bearings and crankshaft. But I have had no crank or bearing problem on my DLEs.
20,30.35.50&55RA. I believe it is smother then the DLE running a VV carbon F spinner.I do not want to hear anything about MAS and Zinger props and stiring paint. That statement is getting a little old LOL.
BCCHI AMA 2500. Of course I went flying after Church on Easter Sun.Weather beautiful here no rain or snow or Wind About 60 degrees F.
The last time I was in Seattle I ran into an old friend and ask him where he had been since I hadn't seen him for awhile.
He said he had moved to Wyoming. I asked him if it ever got to -20 degrees there.
Well yes, he said, but its a dry cold.
Is that true?
Old 04-02-2013, 08:04 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I spent a couple weeks in Jackson one winter 6 years ago. I didn't think it was all that dry? It was in the teens at night and high 20's during the day.

There was a good snow cover on the ground.  Seemed rather normal humidity for this Easterner that is used to that latitude.

But farther East away from the peaks is dryer?
Old 04-02-2013, 12:09 PM
sthill

All,

Thanks for the feedback, I ordered a VVRC 20cc yesterday and will be swapping out my DLE20 when it arrives. I am really hoping that the new ignition and carb will make it a smoother running engine all around. The DLE20 has a TON of power but I just haven’t been happy with it on my Aeroworks Extra where I’m constantly up/down on the throttle.

I may have my DLE20 looked at and see if someone better than I can get it running right. I don’t think I would put it on a 3D bird but it would be a nice strong little warbird hauler where you can basically put the throttle on a switch.

Thanks again for the help!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:06 PM
bcchi

ORIGINAL: dirtybird

The last time I was in Seattle I ran into an old friend and ask him where he had been since I hadn't seen him for awhile.
He said he had moved to Wyoming. I asked him if it ever got to -20 degrees there.
Well yes, he said, but its a dry cold.
Is that true?
Yes that is true. I have never seen it below -54 F. Here in Riverton. Does not do that anymore,global warming you no.Was 62 above that is today. Going flying tomorrow.We sure need some snow or rain.My twin brother lives in Bothel.
BCCHI
Old 04-03-2013, 01:14 PM
wyo69cowboy
My Feedback: (2)

Nice little engine.I was useing the VV-17x6and 17x8 Props. will try the Xaor next and few other different props. Even a Master Air Screw.I used the DL 20 muffler on the VV 20.
Bill, I must admit I tried a Master Airscrew 14x6 on my Saito .82 and was pleasantly suprised, but I still think the bigger gas props by MA have a can of paint calling them LOL.

Hope to have my XYZ 20 up and going in a 120 size Decathlon in the next couple months Got a Xoar 17x6 to put on it, BTW
Old 04-04-2013, 09:18 PM
bcchi

ORIGINAL: wyo69cowboy

Nice little engine.I was useing the VV-17x6and 17x8 Props. will try the Xaor next and few other different props. Even a Master Air Screw.I used the DL 20 muffler on the VV 20.
Bill, I must admit I tried a Master Airscrew 14x6 on my Saito .82 and was pleasantly suprised, but I still think the bigger gas props by MA have a can of paint calling them LOL.

Hope to have my XYZ 20 up and going in a 120 size Decathlon in the next couple months Got a Xoar 17x6 to put on it, BTW
This is a true story proven by the national weather bur.and the local newspaper.The way they tell if it's really cold here.They throw a glass of water up in the air,if it frezzes before it hits the ground it is to cold for man nor beast.Seems like it was somewhere around 45 below.
I guess it makes a funny crackling sound.Don't no never tried it. It has not been that cold here for many years.
BCCHI Try the VV 17x6 and 17x8.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:32 AM
smkrcflyer

So what do you guys think about using the 40cc twin in the new Hangar 9 SR22T?

http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Def...ProdID=HAN5020
Old 04-13-2013, 04:53 AM
WindGap
My Feedback: (3)

sounds like a good idea, i think it'll work
Old 04-13-2013, 05:32 AM
smkrcflyer

I'm going to contact Hangar 9 to see if I can get the cowl dimensions.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:33 AM
airborne2.4

should be a sweet combo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.