Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Alchemy by Bryan Hebert of CK Aero

Old 03-05-2018, 06:42 PM
Jason Arnold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AmericanSpectre505
Jason,

Question: Would it be possible to get an Allure Bipe in this color configuration?

Thanks,

Bill H.
USA
Hi Bill,

You’ll need to contact Bryan Hebert regarding an Allure Bipe in Yellow Base.

Cheers,
Jason.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:22 PM
Jason Arnold

Default The Alchemy has flown!

Hi Guys,

Well, the Alchemy has flown. It was completed last Wednesday night prior to driving down to the Australian Masters and World Cup in Melbourne. Friday was the official practice day and that afternoon was the first flight of the Alchemy. The flight went very well with a click or two of up elevator trim, no aileron trim but a few clicks of rudder trim. This week I’ll be rechecking the thrust line to see what’s causing the rudder trim and also move the CG a bit further forward to correct a slight KE Pull to the belly. Apart from the KE and rudder trim, the model felt really good. The model now has 7 flights on it after the Comp. I hadn’t flown at all since November last year and had just two P19 practice flights before the Comp. I finished 13th overall which was quite pleasing considering it was a new untrimmed model and my lack of practice.

Also, when one flys a model with a Mohawk, one needs to follow suit with the matching haircut... lol

Cheers,
Jason.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	204A167F-003D-49EA-85F3-7488532D2951.jpeg
Views:	208
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	2259198   Click image for larger version

Name:	2027BD4B-A091-4D1C-884B-E47F3CC64737.jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	2259199   Click image for larger version

Name:	3371DF6C-F1C1-4641-9DE4-D758A2126D75.jpeg
Views:	237
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	2259200   Click image for larger version

Name:	0ED37577-9168-4D0D-8E7D-11A783F9561A.jpeg
Views:	248
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	2259201   Click image for larger version

Name:	688FE925-757A-4C59-9260-30B499AED99F.jpeg
Views:	233
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	2259202   Click image for larger version

Name:	AE85D75C-5374-49F4-8CFD-2AB45A985ECF.jpeg
Views:	181
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	2259203   Click image for larger version

Name:	91B35F27-9BF2-49E9-8B71-710C009740B9.jpeg
Views:	331
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	2259204   Click image for larger version

Name:	42AF7886-A896-49D8-BF63-141415707EFC.jpeg
Views:	241
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	2259205  

Click image for larger version

Name:	3B0B6CEB-7751-4B90-ABA5-034B9F5FF882.jpeg
Views:	253
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	2259206  
Old 03-14-2018, 06:14 PM
Jason Arnold

Default Final Weight

I should also mention the final weight came in at 4722 grams ready to fly. This pleasantly surprised me for a full composite model the size of the Alchemy. The packs used were Hacker TopFuel 4600 which are quite light and drive system is the Ralph Schweizer CRS with Mejzlik props. ESC used is Mezon 95 OPTO Lite.

Cheers,
Jason.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:22 PM
Jason Arnold

Hi Guys,

I’m not sure how many people are considering an Adverrun XS Contra for their Alchemy’s but I’ve just designed and manufactured a firewall to suit. Pictures below.
The material is 4mm Aircraft grade Finish Ply. The edges will need to be chamfered to suit the taper of the Alchemy nose.

Cheers,
Jason.

Last edited by Jason Arnold; 03-25-2018 at 01:24 PM. Reason: More info added...
Old 04-03-2018, 10:42 PM
Jason Arnold

Default Alchemy pictures from Pitt Town, NSW Australia.

Here are some pictures of the Alchemy from last weekend. The conditions couldn’t get any better.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:23 PM
Jason Arnold

Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I have posted on here. Very busy down under...
Anyway, just thought I'd mention that I've started a build blog on my website. It's almost finished actually. It might help some people putting together their Alchemy.
https://precisionaeroproducts.com.au...emy-build-blog

Cheers,
Jason.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:42 PM
flyncajun

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys

I have two Alchemy`s in stock, very rare !
One glow and one Electric.
I`m running a special deal that includes my setup

They are the white version factory scheme as shown on my website
CK Aero | Alchemy | F3A Aircraft | Pattern Plane | Contra Drive
These models are light! between 2300-2350 g for electric and 2400-2450 glow version
You can literally be flying one in a week of assembly!

send me a note here
or email at [email protected]

Bryan
Old 10-01-2018, 02:44 PM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason Arnold
I should also mention the final weight came in at 4722 grams ready to fly. This pleasantly surprised me for a full composite model the size of the Alchemy. The packs used were Hacker TopFuel 4600 which are quite light and drive system is the Ralph Schweizer CRS with Mejzlik props. ESC used is Mezon 95 OPTO Lite.

Cheers,
Jason.
Jason
Based on recent information from Hacker, you may want to consider replacing the 95 Mezon with a 115 Mezon
The 95 is no longer recommended for F3A per Hacker
This is from a thread here started by Bo
The original document from Hacker is in the F3ALorenz website as well
Old 10-01-2018, 04:55 PM
Jason Arnold

Originally Posted by ltc

Jason
Based on recent information from Hacker, you may want to consider replacing the 95 Mezon with a 115 Mezon
Well, they are certainly not making it easy to find said information about the Mezon 95 being unsuitable for F3A...

If the Mezon 95 is not able to handle 95A continuous then it should not be advertised as such. Very simple case of false advertising if this is the case. Current drawn by my CRS/C54 is around 73A at WOT. The average current is far less.

I’m sorry, I don’t see any plausible reason to swap out my Mezon 95 Opto light for a larger controller.

Regards,
Jason.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:48 PM
SanJoseDale

Originally Posted by ltc

Jason

Can you point us to more info on this? I use the 95 currently in all my planes.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:51 PM
Jason Arnold

Originally Posted by SanJoseDale

I’ve looked Dale but can’t find said document.

i will continue to use the Opto95 Lite in my Models.

Cheers,
Jason.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:24 PM
SanJoseDale

I’ve looked Dale but can’t find said document.

i will continue to use the Opto95 Lite in my Models.

Cheers,
Jason.

OK thanks, me too.

BTW, subscribed to this thread, just received an Alchemy from Byran, build starts tonight ��
Old 10-09-2018, 04:17 PM
Jason Arnold

OK thanks, me too.

BTW, subscribed to this thread, just received an Alchemy from Byran, build starts tonight ��
Excellent! Feel free to post pictures and ask questions on here.

Cheers,
Jason.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:47 PM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/elec...-warnings.html

MEZON_Sicherheitshinweis.pdf
Old 10-09-2018, 06:53 PM
SanJoseDale

As far as the Mezon ESC,

Here's what Hacker says:

Information from Hacker Motor Service
Dear customers, there are still failures and fires of Master MEZON 90, Mezon 90 lite
and Mezon 95 opto
controllers when used in F3A models.
The reason is as follows: These controls are all too small for use in an F3A model!
Reason:
1. Mezon controllers are constructed differently than e.g. Master SPIN controller.
Only a few power transistors are used in the MEZON's (only 6 in the MEZON 90!),
which have to carry the entire current load.
With the SPIN 99, for example, many smaller MosFets are installed, which are distributed
over a larger area on the heat sink.
The heat dissipation is thus much better, the controller has better "taker qualities".
A MEZON 90 is therefore not comparable to a SPIN 99.
2. The phase currents are significantly higher under load than the indicated current in the controller.
A regulator should therefore always be designed 20% -30% stronger.
3. MEZON lite controllers also have a smaller, flatter, heat sink than normal MEZON controllers.
To make matters worse, that this smaller heat sink is also covered all around by the shrink tube of the regulator.
4. A reduction in the regulator opening in the transmitter brings no improvement, on the contrary, the controller gets even hotter in operation, since it has to tackle constantly and never fully through can. Deadly in the summer for the regulator.

Please inform your customers about these things when buying. Our recommendation for F3A use is either a Master MEZON 130 as a BEC controller, or at least a Master MEZON 115 Opto, better a MEZON 135 Opto in the optocoupler version. With these stronger controllers, the Lite version is conceivable, if not optimal.

With our F3A recommendations in the Hacker shop you will find no indication of the small Master MEZON controllers.

The argument for higher weight or additional costs certainly does not apply. When weight difference we speak of about 10 gramm, at the cost of a few euros. If a controller that is too small burns down, the damage is even more costly.
Thanks for your support. With your help we can certainly reduce new failures in the F3A scene.

Old 10-09-2018, 07:10 PM
Jason Arnold

As far as the Mezon ESC,

Here's what Hacker says:

Information from Hacker Motor Service
Dear customers, there are still failures and fires of Master MEZON 90, Mezon 90 lite
and Mezon 95 opto
controllers when used in F3A models.
The reason is as follows: These controls are all too small for use in an F3A model!
Reason:
1. Mezon controllers are constructed differently than e.g. Master SPIN controller.
Only a few power transistors are used in the MEZON's (only 6 in the MEZON 90!),
which have to carry the entire current load.
With the SPIN 99, for example, many smaller MosFets are installed, which are distributed
over a larger area on the heat sink.
The heat dissipation is thus much better, the controller has better "taker qualities".
A MEZON 90 is therefore not comparable to a SPIN 99.
2. The phase currents are significantly higher under load than the indicated current in the controller.
A regulator should therefore always be designed 20% -30% stronger.
3. MEZON lite controllers also have a smaller, flatter, heat sink than normal MEZON controllers.
To make matters worse, that this smaller heat sink is also covered all around by the shrink tube of the regulator.
4. A reduction in the regulator opening in the transmitter brings no improvement, on the contrary, the controller gets even hotter in operation, since it has to tackle constantly and never fully through can. Deadly in the summer for the regulator.

Please inform your customers about these things when buying. Our recommendation for F3A use is either a Master MEZON 130 as a BEC controller, or at least a Master MEZON 115 Opto, better a MEZON 135 Opto in the optocoupler version. With these stronger controllers, the Lite version is conceivable, if not optimal.

With our F3A recommendations in the Hacker shop you will find no indication of the small Master MEZON controllers.

The argument for higher weight or additional costs certainly does not apply. When weight difference we speak of about 10 gramm, at the cost of a few euros. If a controller that is too small burns down, the damage is even more costly.
Thanks for your support. With your help we can certainly reduce new failures in the F3A scene.

Keep trying. Youll find the right document soon.

DANGER:
Safety advice for our customers!
Concerns the joint operation of third party receivers and JETI MEZON OPTO controllers
Lately there have been very sporadic problems with the operation of receivers from other manufacturers when connected with a JETI Mezon OPTO speed controller.
Situation:
If, contrary to the safety guidelines, not the drive battery is first switched off by the controller, but first the receiver system, this combination may in rare cases cause the motor to start unintentionally.
CAUTION!  Risk of injury!
Since at the moment it is not yet clear which of these receiver / JETI-MEZON-OPTO controller combinations may cause this error, in the interest of your own safety we would like to ask our customers to disconnect the drive battery first and then turn off the receiver power supply first. If this is not possible, we will prescribe a JETImodel Enlink 2RS Plus - DUO signal repeater between third party receivers and JETI MEZON OPTO controllers. We have already informed the relevant manufacturers and will keep you up to date. In the interest of your safety, we would like to draw your attention in this connection once more to the safety and hazard warnings described in the instructions. R / C systems should always be operated with due care and caution. If you have any questions, please contact our service team at any time. Your team of Hacker Motor GmbH
Old 01-22-2019, 11:49 AM
big_G

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Guys,

Well, the Alchemy has flown. It was completed last Wednesday night prior to driving down to the Australian Masters and World Cup in Melbourne. Friday was the official practice day and that afternoon was the first flight of the Alchemy. The flight went very well with a click or two of up elevator trim, no aileron trim but a few clicks of rudder trim. This week I’ll be rechecking the thrust line to see what’s causing the rudder trim and also move the CG a bit further forward to correct a slight KE Pull to the belly. Apart from the KE and rudder trim, the model felt really good. The model now has 7 flights on it after the Comp. I hadn’t flown at all since November last year and had just two P19 practice flights before the Comp. I finished 13th overall which was quite pleasing considering it was a new untrimmed model and my lack of practice.

Also, when one flys a model with a Mohawk, one needs to follow suit with the matching haircut... lol

Cheers,
Jason.
What was the final fix for your rudder trim? My Allure tracks to the right on a long up-line. I've had to add 5 clicks of left rudder to compensate. Running Contra V4. Stabs, wings and motor thrust have been checked several times. CG is just aft of the wing tube.

Thanks, Gary
Old 01-22-2019, 01:48 PM
Jason Arnold

Originally Posted by big_G
What was the final fix for your rudder trim? My Allure tracks to the right on a long up-line. I've had to add 5 clicks of left rudder to compensate. Running Contra V4. Stabs, wings and motor thrust have been checked several times. CG is just aft of the wing tube.

Thanks, Gary
Hi Gary,

I’ve had a few gremlins with my rudder trim. I’m happy to report that it seems to have been fixed (fingers crossed). My rudder trim was changing intermittently during or before a flight by ~6%. You can imagine what that does to a pattern plane.... Anyway, after much time, I narrowed the problem down to my Jeti DC-24 transmitter. It was sent back to the factory for repair. They weren’t unable to replicate the fault (so they say) but did reload the firmware and replace a “PC board”. The radio has got about 17 flights on it since repair and the rudder trim is stable. I think they have nailed it.

Cheers,
Jason.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:50 PM
big_G

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Gary,

I’ve had a few gremlins with my rudder trim. I’m happy to report that it seems to have been fixed (fingers crossed). My rudder trim was changing intermittently during or before a flight by ~6%. You can imagine what that does to a pattern plane.... Anyway, after much time, I narrowed the problem down to my Jeti DC-24 transmitter. It was sent back to the factory for repair. They weren’t unable to replicate the fault (so they say) but did reload the firmware and replace a “PC board”. The radio has got about 17 flights on it since repair and the rudder trim is stable. I think they have nailed it.

Cheers,
Jason.
I had an elevator pot do that on one of my Futaba transmitter. It would drift quite a bit from turn on to about 10 minutes, then settle down. My problem is plane related. I'll move the cg forward and see if that helps. Thanks,
Gary
Old 03-18-2019, 12:27 PM
flyncajun

Wink Alchemy and Allure built up wings and stabs

Guys A update,

I now offer Wood built up wings and Stabs for the Alchemy and Allure Bipe from kit form, simi built , sheeted ready to cover, Or completely covered.
This can save some weight if you need to or available for builders kits.

Send me a note if your interested.
Bryan
CKAero.net
Old 05-01-2019, 01:28 PM
flyncajun

Default https://youtu.be/RMegxI1bP5Y

a little video for you guys

Bryan
CK Aero is about to release a great new F3A airframe called the Alchemy. This airframe is the result of two years of extensive testing and improvement.

Features:
  • Lighter layup.
  • Redesigned wings and stabs.
  • Taller fin and rudder with no counter balance.
  • New style lighter, plug in all composite landing gear.
  • Larger shaped, more forward canopy (a clear polycarbonate option coming soon)
All new paint scheme, and the same great price. The model will be available in EP and GP versions.

More details will be published when available.

Cheers,
Jason.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:37 PM
flyncajun

Default Video

Originally Posted by flyncajun
a little video for you guys

Bryan

Old 07-26-2019, 10:17 PM
marco.m

Default battery tray

jason

can you please give some picture off your battery instal in the airplane
i like your model battery try but like to see some more pictures

and like to see where you mound the rx battery and reciever

thank you marco
Old 07-27-2019, 03:15 PM
Jason Arnold

Originally Posted by marco.m
jason

can you please give some picture off your battery instal in the airplane
i like your model battery try but like to see some more pictures

and like to see where you mound the rx battery and reciever

thank you marco
Hi Marco,

Here are a couple of pictures of my battery tray and RX position.

I'm using 4600mAh Hacker TopFuel packs and they are just in front of the UC gear module.

Regards,
Jason.

Old 07-27-2019, 06:32 PM
marco.m

thank you verry much jason

do you have dxf file off the battery tray
what you like to share ??

marco

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.