Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

How to charge in low temperature?

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

How to charge in low temperature?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 10:08 PM
BobbyraMarquezr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to charge in low temperature?

I once flied in snow weather when it was about 0℃ to capture snow scenery and when I wanted to charge my drone, I found it hard to directly charge outdoors. I have to charge it indoors or in a car where its temperature is higher. Is there anyway I can solve this problem?
Old 08-20-2019, 07:01 AM
Dave_in_CH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a bag that runs off 12v that warms my lipos. Lipo Warmer, or something like that its called. I can set the temp on it and it keeps the batteries toasty. I fly all winter in the snow here in switzerland with no issues.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:47 PM
BobbyraMarquezr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave_in_CH
I have a bag that runs off 12v that warms my lipos. Lipo Warmer, or something like that its called. I can set the temp on it and it keeps the batteries toasty. I fly all winter in the snow here in switzerland with no issues.
That sounds good, but id the battery has the function to heat up itself to chagre in low temperature, that would be perfect.